Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Feeling the light

One of the many wonderful things about being a parent, even better than Diaper Genies and the reasoning of three year olds, is having a good excuse to go back to school.
As I've mentioned before, my son goes to a terrific one here in Minnesota. He's thriving there, and I'm not doing so bad either.
Here's something I learned on Friday, while attending the school's annual Winter Festival.

A woman who has been with the school for twenty years, and who is the embodiment of the school's culture, shared some thoughts about winter's role in our lives. Though her words were meant for the children in the first ten rows, us parents in the back, craning to catch a few snippets, found an additional layer of meaning.
As I drove back to my office, one particular line echoed around in my head:
"Faith is the bird that feels the light in the dark, that sings of the dawn in the night."
Substitute 'faith' with 'leadership'. Apply it to our New Ice Age economy.
What 'light' can you feel?


No comments:

Post a Comment