Saturday, December 13, 2008

Idea of the week: Usefulness




So we're all talking about value positions and stories for our brands. There's a spectrum of communications out there, from staring the recession gorilla directly in the eye to ignoring him completely.

I found this ad for the iPhone to be in the very comfortable middle space, co-habiting with our desires for a cool gadget... while making a simple, very practical case. I'm not reminded of how crappy finances are. I'm feeling smart, and even excited about the possibilities of technology.
Each call out explains an iPhone app, be it free or pay, a utility like Quick Voice or a game like Spore. Added up, I'm left with the impression that this shiny trinket is the most sensible purchase I could make in tight times. Neat trick.


No comments:

Post a Comment